Online TAN Registration
TAN stands for Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number. Any entity or individual that is required to deduct taxes at source while making specific payments such as salary, rent etc need to first obtain TAN number. Get TAN registration with Tax Seva Kendra support to begin processing all business payments. The plan is designed to get your TAN registration for your business in no time. Be it Obtaining a new TAN or request for getting a correction done in the existing one, Tax Seva Kendra helps you to get it all done hassle-free.
Track Your Status
- With the help of all data related to updating all effective information of TAN, all deductors receive a communication signal from one and only Income Tax Department as related to the Tax Deducted at Source [TDS] and even Tax collected at source [TCS].
- All deductors have the facility of download the recent Input File [FVU] for all the correction work and they can verify every status of challan online.
- All deductors should get a piece of a statement where it shows the tax deducted at source [TDS] status.
- According to the Section of 200A mentions that there should be an agreement of TDS [tax deducted at source] into TAN owner.
- All deductors should be able to download [TDS] tax deducted at the source very easily.
So, this shows the advantages of the TAN verification and registration process. This type of process is very easy and you can easily understand.
Every individual or entity that requires to deduct tax at source while making certain payments like salary, payments to contractor or rent, exceeding Rs.1,80,000 per year etc.
- Non-profit organizations making specific payments above threshold limit
- Branches of business making specific payments above the threshold limit
Individuals who are salaried are not required to obtain TAN or deduct tax at source.
There are two kinds of TAN applications, which are as mentioned:
- Application for the issuing a new TAN
- Form for correction or amendment in TAN for the already allotted TAN.
Let us look at some of the salient features of TAN registration.
1. Sole Proprietorship
People who are salaried need not have any tax deducted at source but those who are running a proprietorship will need to obtain the tax collection number and have tax deducted at source wherever applicable.
2. Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) Payments
Tax deducted at source (TDS) needs to be paid into an official bank account. This required the TAN number. Normally, the TDS of the preceding month needs to be paid on the 7th day of the following month.
3. Quick Processing
TAN number can be obtained as quickly as one week from the time of the submission of the application and documents. This application needs to be submitted in a hard copy along with identification proofs and a self-attested copy of the address proof.
The TAN generation is a one-time process and is valid for a lifetime. This avoids hassles of revalidation and expiry.
Firstly, you need to create an Account for TAN Registration.
For that, visit the official website www.tdscpc.gov.in
Click on the 'Register as Tax Deductor' tab and follow the instructions.
Create an account by filling in all the required details and obtain login credentials.
Thereafter, you will get a confirmation screen in which you can make edits and amendments before you accept.
Once all the information has been confirmed, an email with necessary codes as well as an activation link will be sent to you.
Then you need to apply for the TAN, for which follow the steps below:
1. Firstly, visit – https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/tan/tan-introduction.html
2. Click on ‘TAN’ under the 'services' button
3. Click 'Apply Online' tab – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/form49B.html
4. Then select 'New TAN'
5. A new page will pop up from which you can select 'Category of Deductors'
6. After this, you will be directed to Form 49B
7. This form needs to be duly filled and submitted online
8. Once you click on submit, a screen of acknowledgement will have a drop-down list that will have the following options:
- Acknowledgement number (this will be a 14-digit code)
- Applicant's status
- Applicant's name
- Payment details
- Contact details
- Space for Signature
9. Save this acknowledgement form and take a print out of the same
10. The print out along with the required documents will then need to be sent to NSDL in hard copy
The following documents need to be submitted along with the application for TAN:
- Address Proof of the registered office
- Latest Passport-sized photo
- PAN card of the enterprise
- TAN application form
- Legal documents such as MOA, AOA, partnership deed, etc.
In case the TAN is not quoted by the Deductor, is there any penalty associated?
It is compulsory for all filers to quote the TAN when TDS is required on all payments made. This TAN number needs to be mentioned in every communication that is related to the tax department. If mentioning this is omitted, a penalty fee of Rs.10,000 will be levied. Even banks will not entertain TDS payments and returns in case the TAN number is not mentioned.
Is there a specific validity for TAN?
The TAN is generated with the validity of a lifetime. If there are any alterations in the data, the Income Tax department needs to be informed.
What is the time taken to receive a new TAN?
A TAN usually gets delivered within 7 to 15 working days.
In case my TAN has not come in the expected time, who can I contact?
You will be provided a tracking number by the company you have applied through, which you can then use to track the delivery process.
I get a salary on a monthly basis. Do I also need to apply for a TAN?
No. This is only applicable for business owners and individuals that need to deduct tax on source.
Need Consultancy? Ask Tax Seva Kendra Expert@ Rs. FREE
- Free Consultancy
- Online Documentation
- Anywhere In India