80G Registration in India - Overview
Track Your Status
80G Registration Package
- What we provide
- Documents required
- Section 80G Registration Certificate
- Project Report With Register
- Registration Certificate.
- MOA /Trust Deed.
- NOC from the proprietor of the land where the registered office is situated.
- Copy of the Pan Card of the Trust/Institution.
- Copy of electricity bill, house tax receipt, or water bill.
- Proof of welfare activities pursued.
Below are the eligibility criteria for 80G Exemptions.
- Only donations made to the charities specified under category 80G are eligible for an 80G deduction and 80G registration. Charities with a religious or business background are generally not granted 80G certification. Also, gifts made to trusts operating outside India (a foreign trust) are not eligible for 80G tax exemption benefit.
- On a similar note, if you are donating to a private trust, which is not registered under 80G certification or have provided donation for a political party, you cannot avail of tax exemption benefit for the amount donated. The amount will be considered as your taxable income.
Increase Credibility: 80G certification enhances the prospects and credibility of any such organisation, charity, trust or society.
Tax Exemption:Donors are entitled to tax exemption benefits of making donations.
Attract more donors: 80G registration enables organizations to attract more donors to donate funds.
Avail funds from government: 80G Registration enhances the ability of the organizations to obtain funds from government bodies.
Foreign funding: NGO owners can seek foreign donations without much hassle.
Following are the conditions that are to be fulfilled to get 80G Registration.
- Income generated from a business is not taken into consideration
- Should either be a charitable trust or a registered society or organization
- Must not utilize their assets or income for any other purpose other than making charity
- Must maintain a regular record of accounts tracking their receipts and expenses.
- The trustees or any other entity governing the organization should not be involved in obtaining any undue benefits from these funds.
- Should not be working for the benefit of any particular caste, race or religion.
- Also, the organization should maintain a separate book of accounts to record their business-related income. Moreover, the donations received by the NGO should not be utilized for such businesses.
The following is the list of documents required for 80G registration is as follows:
- MoA and Registration certificate in case of Section 8 companies and Societies respectively
- Trust Deed in case of a Trust
- No objection certificate (NoC) from the owner of the property where the registered office of the organization is located
- Form 10G
- NGO PAN details
- Copy of latest Utility Bills-Electricity bill, water bill or building Tax Receipt
- Record of the donors along with their address and PAN
- Income Tax Returns documents and the Book of Accounts of last three years
- The list of the welfare activities being carried out by the organization
- Progress report of the preceding three years
- Board of Trustees-detailed information
- Original Registration Certificate, MoA or Trust Deed as per type of the concerned applicant
80G Registration Process includes the following steps:
Step 1: First step to apply for an 80G certificate is to get an application form from the Commissioner of Income Tax (Exemption) within the jurisdictional area of the organization along with the requisite documents.
Step 2: An inspection of the organization premises will then be conducted by the Income Tax department after the form along with the required documents for 80G registration are submitted to it.
Note that the Income Tax Officials might ask for additional documents or supporting evidence if they seem unfit, or if they feel anything is missing or is unsatisfied.
Step 3: Upon satisfactory verification and assessment of the documents and inspection of the office of the NGO, 80G certificate is granted to the organization by the respective Income Tax Commissioner.
It takes about 3 to 4 months to get the certification after submission of the application.
- Our professionals will fill out the application and submit it on your behalf which means you don't have to be physically present for this.
- Our experts will guide you through the entire process and give you necessary advice for the same.
- Tax Seva Kendra has the experience of working with thousands of NGOs and in getting licenses and registration for several types of entities.
What is 80G Registration Certificate?
80G Certificate is granted to a non-profit organization or non-legislative associations, a magnanimous well-known trust or a Section 8 Company by the Income Tax Department. The goal is to encourage more number of contributors to give donations to such associations.
Can you state a few features of 80G?
- Donation in cash or check qualifies for the duty derivation.
- All donations are not qualified for tax exemptions. Tax deductions can be granted on explicit gifts for example those made to recommended assets and establishments.
- For asserting reasoning under Section 80G, a receipt from the beneficiary trust, called as donee/beneficiary, is an unquestionable requirement. The receipt must contain the name, address and PAN of the Trust, the name of the benefactor/donor, the amount contributed.
Do I have to be physically present during the registration procedure?
The registration process is done online. So, you don't have to be physically presence during the process.
How to check the eligibility of my NGO for 80G registration?
All government-approved or registered organizations and trusts can obtain 80G registration.
What is the validity of the new 80G registration?
New modifications have been made in terms of 80G Registration validity. It is valid for 3 years from the date of commencement of activities or date of receipt of certification; whichever is earlier.
Need Consultancy? Ask Tax Seva Kendra Expert@ Rs. FREE
- Free Consultancy
- Online Documentation
- Anywhere In India