FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standard Authority of India which is an autonomous body, established under the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Government of India. FSSAI License or FSSAI Registration in India is mandatory for initiating a food or related business. The FSSAI License is issued by the Food Safety and Standards Authority Act, 2006 which protects and promotes food safety and health under the regulations of the Act.
The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India and the State Food Authorities are jointly authorized for implementing the FSSAI rule and regulations. The FSSAI is authorized for registering and licensing the Food business operators (FBOs) and also specifies the rules and regulations for running any food or related business in India.
The FSSAI act establishes safety standards and food quality standards and other obligations that are to be abided by the food industries.
Track Your Status
FSSAI Registration Package
- What we provide
- Documents required
- FASSI Registration
- Help to get State Licence
- Delevery in 10-15 days
- PAN, Aadhar, Voter Card of the Applicant/Director/Partner/Proprietor
- Email and mobile number
- Address Proof (Electricity Bill, Rent agreement, Rent receipt/NOC)
- Owner's Property Tax Bill and PAN Card
- Trade Licence
- Photo of Applicant
- Nature of Business
- PAN no of the Organisation
According to the FSSAI Act, 2006 all food business operators are required to obtain registration or license under the following 3 categories as per their requirement:
- It is the primary type of food licence issued for businesses that has small annual turnover– up to ₹12 lakhs approximately.
- Catering businesses irrespective of their turnover.
FSSAI State Licence
- Companies having a profit more than ₹12 lakhs and less than ₹20 crores per year.
FSSAI Central Licence
- The central registration is for bigger business units that have an annual turnover of over ₹20 crores.
- Businesses that supply food to government offices/departments and businesses involved in food import/export.
The following documents are required to obtain different types of FSSAI Registration:
- Photo ID proof of the food business operators.
- Business constitution certificate (partnership deed, certificate of incorporation, shop and establishment licence or other business registration certificate)
- Proof of possession of business premises, rental agreement, NOC from the owner of the rented premises, utility bills etc.
- Food safety management plan.
- List of food items manufactured or processed.
- Bank account details
- Supporting documents (if required) like NOC by Municipality or Panchayat, Health NOC, copy of License from the manufacturer, etc.
FSSAI Registration can be done online as follows:
- FSSAI registration can be acquired through online mode by filling and submitting the FSSAI registration form. There are two Forms; Form A (application for Registration) or Form B (application for State and Central License) on the FoSCoS portal.
- The food business operators can also register offline by submitting Form A or Form B to the Food and Safety Department.
- The FSSAI registration form must be supported by the required necessary documents during online application.
- The FSSAI registration form may be accepted or rejected by the Department within 7 days from the date of submission either physically or online through the FoSCoS portal.
- The Department will verify the documents submitted.
- The Department may conduct an inspection of the food premises, prior issuing the FSSAI registration certificate, if necessary.
- If the Department is satisfied that the FBO (food business operator) meets all the requisite criteria, then it will grant the FSSAI registration certificate containing the registration number.
- The applicant then can download the FSSAI registration certificate by logging into the FoSCoS portal.
If a person or a food business operator who is obligated to acquire the FSSAI License, manufactures, sells, stores or distributes, or imports any food item without a license then it is a punishable offense with imprisonment for six months and a fine of Rs 5 lakh.
Penalties for False advertisement relating to food
Any person who publishes or is involved in the publication of an advertisement that:
- Falsely describes the food or
- Is likely to mislead the nature or ingredient or quality of any food item or product, or gives a false guarantee; shall be liable to a fine that can be extended to Rs. 10 lakh.
We at Tax Seva Kendra, provide an end-to-end service for food licensing and FSSAI registration at the most affordable rates.
Choose us for the following reasons:
- FSSAI registration in the earliest possible time
- Comprehensive help in FSSAI online application process
- Guidance on selecting the appropriate food licence for your business
- Support throughout the entire registration process
- Consultation on related matters and solutions to your queries
What is FSSAI Registration?
The FSSAI Registration is a license that all the food business operators (FBOs) are required to obtain which assures that they are permitted to run such food business, that the food is safe to consume by the consumers and that they abide by all the safety protocols.
Can we apply for FSSAI Registration online?
Yes, FSSAI registration can be applied on both online and offline modes.
What is the registration cost for FSSAI?
The cost varies depending on the type of license you want to get and for how many years.
How long does it take to get the license?
The time varies according to the type of license. It may range from 7 to 30 working days.
How long is the FSSAI license valid?
The validity ranges for a period from 1 to 5 years. And then you can apply for renewal of the same.
Is there a facility to transfer the FSSAI license?
In case of death of the license holder, the license can be transferred to the legal representative of the deceased holder. He/she has to file an application for transfer of name to the concerned Authority.
Need Consultancy? Ask Tax Seva Kendra Expert@ Rs. FREE
- Free Consultancy
- Online Documentation
- Anywhere In India