Online E-Waybill Registration
E-way bill is a kind for Electronic Way Bill. GST E-way bill is a useful document to track goods in transit acknowledged under the Goods and Service Tax. A taxpayer registered under GST involved in transiting goods of the value of over Rs.50,000 needs to generate an E-way bill on the GST Portal. E-Way Bill generation is an easy and quick process and can be generated with a click of a button to share with the customers or suppliers. E-way bill rules prescribe every procedure for transiting goods falling under this section. Rule 138 of the CGST Rules 2017 caters to the e-way bill mechanism. Adequate information must be provided before the commencement of the movement of goods. And must be issued whether the movement is concerning a supply or for reasons other than supply.
Track Your Status
The steps for e-way bill registration for registered businesses are as follows:
- Be ready with the GSTIN and Mobile No. registered with the GST portal
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Select the "e-Way Bill Registration"
- Enter the GSTIN number and click "Go"
- Thereafter you will be redirected to an e-way bill registration form
- In the form, "Applicant Name", "Trade Name", "Address" and "Mobile Number" will be auto-filled
- Click on "Send OTP", in order to receive the OTP on the registered mobile number. Once the OTP is received, enter the OTP on the space displayed. Next, click on "Verify OTP". This will verify all the details in the e-way bill portal
- Provide a User ID or User Name, in order to use the newly created account on the e-way bill portal.
- Once the User ID or User Name is approved by the e-way bill portal, give a secured Password.
- Once both User ID / User Name and Password are validated and approved, the final registration request will get submitted. If there is any error, the system will display an error message. Else, if all is fine, the User ID / User Name along with the Password is created and registered with the e-way bill portal, hence completing the process of e-way bill registration.
An taxpayer who is unregistered will not have a GSTIN, using which one may register for the e-way bill on the portal. The steps for e-way bill registration for unregistered transporters are as follows:
- 1. Keep the necessary business information ready
- 2. Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- 3. Click on "Enrolment for Transporters"
- 4. Hereby, e-way bill registration form will appear, which will have some compulsory fields (marked as *) and some non-compulsory fields. The form will ask for the following details:
- i. Select your State* from the drop-down menu
- ii. Legal Name*(Enter Name as per PAN card)
- iii. Trade Name, if any
- iv. PAN* - After entering the PAN., click the "Validate" and this will allow you to fill up other details.
- v. Type of Enrollment* (Warehouse/Depot, Godown, Cold Storage OR Transport Services)
- vi. Constitution of Business* (Foreign Company, Partnership, Proprietorship, Public Limited, Private Limited, Unlimited OR Others)
- vii. Particulars of Principal Place of Business
- viii. Building No. / Flat No.*
- ix. Floor No.*
- x. Name of the Premises / Building*
- xi. Road / Street*
- xii. City / Town / Locality / Village*
- xiii. Taluka / Block*
- xiv. District*
- xv. PIN Code*
- xvi. State*
- xvii. Latitude
- xviii. Longitude
5. Contact Information (the email address and mobile number will be used for verification)
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
6. Nature of Premises (whether Owned, Leased, Rented, Consent, Shared OR Others)
7. Do you have Aadhar number of Proprietor or Main person of Company / Firm (Select "Yes" OR "No")
- If "Yes" is selected, tick a box authorising the GSTN to obtain one's details from UIDAI for the purpose of verification
- Aadhar No* (Prop. or Main person of Company / Firm)
- Name*(As per Aadhar)
- Mobile No* (As per Aadhar) – Once Mobile No. is entered, click on the "Verify Detail & Send OTP" button, post which an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Verify OTP Received from Aadhar* - Once the OTP is received and entered, click on the "Verify OTP" button, which will complete the Aadhar verification process
8. Upload the documents
- Address Proof (Click "Choose file" to browse and then click "Upload". There is no file format or file size specified, however either PDF or JPEG can be uploaded)
- Identity Proof (Click "Choose file" to browse and then click "Upload". There is no file format or file size specified, however either PDF or JPEG can be uploaded)
- Login Details
- User Name*
- Confirm Password*
- Verification* – Here, tick a box, confirming that all the details entered are correct
- Click "Save"
9. Once the form is submitted, the e-way bill portal will generate a 15 digit Transporter ID or TRANS ID, along with the user credentials, thereby completing the process of e-way bill registration
Now the transporter is eligible to provide this 15-digit Transporter ID to his clients, so that when they include that in the e-way bill, the transporter will be able to access the same on the e-way bill portal and enter the vehicle number, for the movement of the consignment.
The following cases where GST-registered taxpayers are participating in the goods movement should generate an E-way bill.
1. E-Way bill generation is required when the value of goods in transit of more than Rs.50,000 effected by a registered taxpayer. The registered person is eligible to generate an E-way bill of goods of value less than Rs.50,000.
2. An Unregistered person who is making a supply to a registered person must generate an E-way bill. The recipient needs to ensure that all the compliances have been acknowledged under CGST Rules, 2017.
3. A conveyor carrying consignments via road, air, rail, etc., is required to generate an E-way bill if the supplier has not generated any E-way Bill.
E-Way Bills are generated on the E-Way bill portal (https://ewaybill.nic.in/). Users login and enter the requisite information via the following documents:
- Invoice/Bill/Receipts/ for goods transported.
- Transport documents (if goods are transferred by road) – transporter ID and vehicle information.
- Transport documents (if goods are transferred air/sea/land) – transporter ID, travel document number and date.
What is the use of E-way bill?
The main purpose of e-way bill is to ensure that the goods being transported has complied with the GST rules. It is also an efficient tracker for the movement of goods and also checks evasion of tax.
Is E-way bill mandatory?
The generation of e-way bill is mandatory in case the consignment value exceeds INR 50,000.
How to generate e-way bill?
One can easily generate e-way bill by logging in to the e-way bill portal online; clicking ‘Generate new’ option and providing necessary information and submitting it.
Need Consultancy? Ask Tax Seva Kendra Expert@ Rs. FREE
- Free Consultancy
- Online Documentation
- Anywhere In India