Online PAN Card Registration
Permanent Account Number or PAN is a unique, national, permanent, and a means of identifying various taxpayers in the country. PAN is a 10-digit unique identification alphanumeric number containing both alphabets and numbers assigned to each individual to monitor all financial transactions.
Thus you can understand that the PAN Card Registration is crucial for all. And in the era of digital service, Tax Seva Kendra offers an online PAN card registration service for Indian citizens at affordable fees. There are multiple plans you can choose as per your requirement.
Track Your Status
PAN Card Registration Package
- What we provide
- Documents required
- PAN Card
- Free Business Consultation
- ID Proof (Driving License/Passport/Voter ID)
- Electricity Bill or any other utility bill for the address proof
Each PAN card has a unique ten-digit identifying number that serves as valid identity proof. Just like than voter card PAN card is accepted by all Financial Institutions and other organisations as identity proof.
IT Returns Filing
All individuals and entities that are eligible for Income tax are expected to file their IT returns will need the PAN card. PAN card is important to track the inflow and outflow of your money and thus required paying income tax, receiving tax refunds, and communicating with the Income Tax department.
It has been stated that a PAN card is required for tax filing. As per law if the entity or person has not linked the PAN number with his bank account, and the annual interest earnings on savings deposits is more than Rs. 10,000/- then the bank would deduct 30% TDS instead of 10%. Thus to be eligible for the refund having a PAN card is essential.
Claiming Income Tax Refund
Many times, the TDS deducted from a taxpayer's income is more than the actual tax that he is supposed to pay. Thus in such cases, there is a need to get a refund and with the help of a PAN card, one can claim the refund.
The following documents are required for PAN Card application:
1. Identity Proof (following documents are accepted as ID proof)
- Voter's ID card
- Aadhar card
- Ration card having Applicant’s photo
- Driving License
- Photo ID card issued by Government
2. Current Address Proof (following documents are accepted as address proof)
- Latest Electricity Bills
- Landline connection Bills
- Bills for Broadband connection
- Voter ID card containing photograph
- Aadhar card
- Statements of Bank Account
- Passbook of Post office account containing applicant’s address
- Latest order for property tax assessment
- Domicile certificate allotted by government
- Driving license
Proof of Date of Birth
- Birth certificate issued by any office that is certified for issuing Birth Certificate, like Municipal Authority
- Birth Certificate issued by Indian Consulate
- Matriculation certificate from a recognized board
- Aadhar Card
- Driving license
- Certificate of Marriage issued from Marriage Registrar's Office
- Domicile certificate issued by Government of India or any of the state governments
- Affidavit stating the DOB which is signed before a magistrate
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Central Public Sector Undertaking or State Public Sector Undertaking.
4. Latest Passport Size Photographs
5. Contact Details (Email ID, Phone Number)
There is a simple procedure for PAN Card Online Application.
Step 1: Submit the PAN Card application Form 49A available on the NSDL Website
Step 2: Fill in all the details in the form. Read the detailed instructions carefully before filling in the details.
Step 3: Make the payment. Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, or net-banking. On successful payment, an acknowledgment will be displayed. And this has to be saved.
Step 4: Once the application and payment are accepted, the requisite documents are sent to NSDL through post/courier. Only after receiving the documents, PAN application would be processed by NSDL.
The applicant will receive the PAN Card via post/courier within 15 to 20 working days to the address they have mentioned in the form.
You can also track the delivery of PAN Card process online with the help of the acknowledgement number.
PAN Card Registration is done not only for individuals but also for business owners and companies. So the application fees vary according to it. Normally, for individuals, the fee is Rs. 110 excluding GST.
Can an 18- year old apply for PAN?
There is no age limit requirement specified for PAN application. However, an individual below 18 years of age is considered a Minor. And a Minor cannot apply for a PAN Card directly. His/her parent or guardian can act as a representative on their behalf and can apply for PAN.
How can I update my PAN card after 18 years of age?
Step 1: Fill the application form for the change of PAN card or new card.
Step 2: Mention the current PAN number in the application and check the photo mismatch and signature mismatch, and submit the online form.
Step 3: Then the form is printed out and is signed by the applicant. And two recent photographs should be attached.
Step 4: Submit the necessary documents; the proof of identity and address such as Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card or bank account details with the application form.
Step 5: Payment through internet banking or via credit / debit card.
Step 6: The applicant will get an acknowledgment number after submitting the online form. After finalizing the application send to NSDL or UTISL center.
Why is PAN Card important?
PAN Card is important for taxpayers as it is necessary for all financial transactions and is used to track the inflow and outflow of your money. It is important when paying income tax, receiving tax refunds, and receiving communication from the Income Tax Department. It also serves as a proof of identity.
Who should apply for a PAN?
Under section 139A of the Income Tax Act, the following taxpaying entities are required to have a Permanent Account Number:
- Any person who has paid tax or is liable to pay tax to the Income Tax Department. This will be decided based on the tax slabs.
- Any person who is carrying out a business or professional practice which earns him a yearly turnover of more than Rs.5 lakh in any year of assessment.
- Importers and exporters who are liable to pay any form of tax or duty charges as per the Income Tax Act or as per any prevalent law
- All kinds of trusts, charitable organisations, and associations.
- All taxpaying entities – minors, individuals, HUFs, partnerships, companies, body of individuals, trusts, and others – should apply for PAN.
What happens if you don't have PAN Card?
If your income falls in the taxable bracket, not having a PAN card would result in:
- Flat 30% tax on your earnings and wealth, as stipulated by the Income Tax Department of India. This rule applies to individuals, companies and all entities eligible for tax, including foreign nationals and firms registered outside India.
- Not be able to purchase a motor vehicle, buy immovable property worth over Rs. 10 lakh, or open a bank account.
- Businesses can be unable to conduct a large part of their financial activities and procurement.
What is the PAN Card form required for foreign nationals?
The Form 49AA is the application form for PAN which is used in the case of foreigners.
Will I get an acknowledgement when I submit my PAN application form?
Yes, you will receive an acknowledgement that contains a unique 15-digit number.
Need Consultancy? Ask Tax Seva Kendra Expert@ Rs. FREE
- Free Consultancy
- Online Documentation
- Anywhere In India