Copyright Application - Overview
Copyright is the legal intellectual right granted to the creators for their literary, dramatics, music, and artistic work. Producers of films and recordings are also entitled to this right. When an individual or a company registers for a copyright, it gives them an exclusive right to publish, sell, reproduce, replicate, and distribute the work. Further, they can grant authority to some other person for the same actions.
Track Your Status
Registering for copyright is important because it makes offers you tge security and ownership rights over the works. You then have control over sharing and conveying it to the public, reproducing rights, any adaptations or translations of the works and also taking actions against someone who is responsible for copyright infringement.
Copyright Application Registration Package
- What we provide
- Documents required
- Free Consultancy
- Free Search Report
- Application Copy
- TradeMark Status After Application
- MSME Registration
- Two Soft copies of work
- Demand Draft
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Applicant.
- NOC from publisher (if work published and publisher is different from applicant)
- Search Certificate issued by Registrar of Trademarks
- NOC from person whose photograph appears on the work
It is not mandatory to get copyright protection and registration but is always advisable and recommended to do so because it will give the owner ownership rights over his work and the security that no one will be able to copy his work for a specific period of time. This satisfaction and the sense of security will always motivate the owner to create more and better work.
To obtain the copyright registration the following process has been described:
- An application (including all the particulars and the statement of the particulars) in the format of FORM IV has to have to filed to the registrar along with the required fees (mentioned in the Schedule 2 of the act.). A separate application can be made for separate works.
- Every application has to be signed duly by the applicant as well as a Lawyer in whose favor a Vakalatnama or a POA has been implemented.
- After submission of the application, the registrar will issue a Dairy Number which can be used to track the application. Then there is a mandatory waiting time for a period of 30-40 days for any objections to be received.
- If there are no objections received within 30 days, the copyright examiner or registrar will review the application for any potential discrepancies and if there's no discrepancy found, the registration will be complete and an extract will be sent to the registrar for the entry in the Register of Copyright.
- If any objection is received, the examiner will send a letter to both the parties about the objection and will give them both a hearing, which has to be responded within 30 days of issuance of such notice.
- After the hearing, if the objections are resolved then the registrar will scrutinize the application and approve or reject the application depending on the outcome of the hearing.
Registration of copyright may take upto 12 months approximately from the date of issuance of the diary number.
Our team will keep you informed of the updates in the status of your application throughout that period. If there are some clarifications and/or some defects in the application on your account that have to be addressed, we will rectify the same for you at an extra cost.
Need Consultancy? Ask Tax Seva Kendra Expert@ Rs. FREE
- Free Consultancy
- Online Documentation
- Anywhere In India